Every ingredient out there has some benefit be it for the body, skin or hair. In some cases the ingredient or even it’s kin or residue is considered to be of great usage. Lemon juice, orange juice, lemon or orange peel coffee grounds are some examples.
Let’s take a look at the L’s which help in skincare.
Lemons are rich in vitamin C. Vitamin C as we know is an antioxidant which helps protect skin against damage and delay premature aging.
Lemon is known for its astringent properties hence it can be used to reduce pores.
The vitamin C in lemon help in boosting collagen and helps repair sun damage and rejuvenate the skin.
Lemon has very high pH level and hence it helps in controlling production of sebum.
Lemon can naturally lighten age and dark spots upon continuous usage.
But make sure you do not apply it directly on to skin because it could sometimes burn the skin.
- Face mask : Mix in one egg white, one teaspoon of lemon juice and 1/2 tablespoon of honey. Apply on to face and wash off after 30 minutes. The mask absorbs excess oil and tightens pores .
- Anti acne mask: Mix in one teaspoon of lemon juice, honey and baking soda. Apply on face and wash off in 15 minutes.
- Mask for reduction of inflammation and redness : mix in two tablespoons of honey to one tablespoon of lemon and cinnamon powder. Apply on to face and wash off in 15 minutes.
- Mask for hyperpigmentation: mix in one teaspoon of lemon juice, one tablespoon of honey , yogurt and turmeric powder. Apply on to face and wash off in 15 minutes.
- Moisturizer : mix in few drops of coconut water to few drops of lemon juice. Mix and apply. Leave on for ten minutes and wash off.
- Lip scrub: Mix in few drops of lemon juice to one tablespoon of brown sugar. Apply over lips and mildly scrub. Wash off after 5 minutes.
- Anti aging mask : Mix in one teaspoon of lemon juice to one tablespoon of green tea and a pinch of turmeric. Apply on.to face and wash off after 15 minutes.
- Exfoliating mask ; mix in two tablespoons of besan to one tablespoon of lemon juice. Apply on to face and wash off after a gentle scrub post 10 minutes.
One main problem that makes it hard for you to make the dream come true of flawless skin is dark spots. It could be due to acne or hormonal but it’s just making it difficult to get the spotless skin. I’m not preaching that you should aim for spotless skin that’s when you are beautiful. If you read carefully I’m just giving out tips that could make your skin feel better. Not expensive tubs or tubes or chemical treatments just simple ingredients at home that could make it work for you.
Coming back to the point doctors suggest hydroquinone to treat dark spots, which is said to be highly potent. But if something at home can give you the same result why would you want to use hydroquinone.
Licorice is the magic ingredient that has the ability to fade of dark spots. Licorice reduces or inhibits production of melanin and removes it of it is in excess. Licorice also helps treat inflammation due to its antiinflammatory properties.
But if you’re using retinol or hydroquinone do not use licorice simultaneously.
It’s a potent antioxidant that helps in preventing aging and discoloration.
- Mix two tablespoons of mulethi or licorice powder to one tablespoon of honey. Mix in a teaspoon of lemon juice and apply on face. Apply on to face and wash off after 15 minutes. Repeat twice a week for best results.
- Mix one tablespoon of licorice powder to half a tablespoon of honey and sandalwood powder. Add in two tablespoons of yoghurt. Mix and apply on to face and wash off in 15 minutes.
The above two packs have the same benefits with respect to lightening and evens out skin tone. But if you use sandalwood it gives a cooling effect.
Licorice gives a tingling sensation when applied, do a patch test before applying to see if it does not cause any reaction.
This post is written as part of Blogchatter’s A2Z challenge.