Taking in good food that is rich in nutrients,vitamins and minerals is not only good for a healthy body. Eating a healthy meal also is good to maintain skin and keep it free from skin problems. It is not that chemical compounds in sleek tubes, shiny tubs can get you clear skin that you dream of. The steel containers, ceramic jars in kitchen and also the fruit basket on your dining table can help you achieve the same.
Let’s take a look at K’s which help in skincare.
The fuzzy hairy brown outer skin might not seem appealing but the bright green pulp and black seeds sure do have a lot of skincare miracles hiding inside.
Vitamin C is one of the richest sources of antioxidants that helps fight against sun damage and free radical damage. Kiwi is rich in vitamin C and can help heal skin by revitalizing it. Kiwi can give expensive cosmetic range a run. Kiwi can be used as an astringent when applied topically on the skin and helps lighten the skin.
Vitamin C helps in skin hydration. That said kiwi can help increase lipid barriers which protect against moisture loss and gives a dewy skin which gives a youthful appearance.
Vitamin E is also present in kiwi which is helps in providing nourishment to skin. The combination of vitamin E and vitamin C is more beneficial than vitamin C alone.
Oxidative stress causes dark patches and dark spots as signs of ageing. The phytonutrients in kiwi help in shielding the DNA from this kind of damage.
Kiwi has the ability to influence the age cells because of presence of Vitamin C , vitamin E and phytonutrients which help in boosting collagen production. Kiwi has the healing capability to cure cuts, saggy skin, dark patches and spots and bruises.
Lutein present in kiwi helps protecting skin from ultraviolet radiation. It also has anitinflammatory properties that help in lessening rashes, allergy and swelling.
The antibacterial and antimicrobial properties of kiwi help in fighting against acne causing bacteria and thereby reduces chances for acne occurrence. Kiwi also helps in lightening dark spots left behind by acne.
Kiwi has AHAs naturally present which help in boosting skin radiance and skin cell turnover. This helps remove impurities which stand as hindrance to achieve even tone. Now this can be achieved from comfort of home just by rubbing kiwi slices on to skin.
Healthy blood vessels and oxygen circulation is essential to prevent eye bags or dark circles. Kiwi helps in improving blood circulation to achieve the same.
Potassium is necessary to keep skin firm and prevent sagging. It also helps against dryness. Kiwi contains potassium which helps keep skin firm and free from wrinkles and sagging.
- Brightening mask: Just peel the skin of one kiwi. Blend the pulp and apply on to face. Wash off after 15 minutes.
- Glow mask: Peel skin and blend the pulp and a cup of yogurt. Apply paste on to face and wash off after 30 minutes to discover glowing skin.
- Hyperpigmentation and blemish mask: Peel skin and blend pulp . Add few drops of lemon juice. Apply on to face and wash off when it dries.
- Mask for dry and dehydrated skin: Make a paste of one ripe banana. Mix in blended pulp of one kiwi and yogurt. Mix all the ingredients. Apply on to face and wash off after half an hour.
- Beauty mask: Peel skin and blend pulp of one kiwi. Add one tablespoon of besan and ground almond powder. Mix all and apply on to skin. Wash off after 30 minutes.
- Exfoliation mask : Blend one kiwi pulp, half a cucumber and five strawberries. Apply on to face and wash off after 30 minutes post gentle massage.
- Acne prevention mask: Mix in one tablespoon of sandalwood powder to one kiwi’s pulp. Apply on to face and wash off after 30 minutes.
- Radiant, skin rejuvenation mask: Mix in pulp of avocado and kiwi one tablespoon of each. Make a uniform paste and apply on to face. Wash off after 30 minutes.
- Healthy skin mask: Mix in one tablespoon on olive oil to one tablespoon of kiwi juice. Apply on to face and wash off after 15 minutes.
- Glow mask 2: Blend one egg yolk, 10 drops of olive oil and pulp of one peeled kiwi. Apply on to face and wash off after 15 minutes.
Kalonji or nigella seeds oil is antibacterial and helps fight against acne causing bacteria.
Popularly known as black seed oil it is rich in antioxidant. It helps fight against free radicals in body. Helps improve the quality of skin and acts well to heal inflammation.
Kalonji seeds can be a good remedy to cure cracked heals. You could simply apply the black seed oil to heal the cracks or mix in lemon juice with oil to massage the feet.
Black seed oil on regular usage helps lighten dark spots and patches.
It is a great remedy to combat eczema.
- Anti acne mask: Mix one teaspoon of kalonji powder, a teaspoon of lemon peel powder and half a teaspoon of ACV. Mix well and apply on affected areas. This also helps balance skin pH.
- Skin detox mask: Mix in a tablespoon of kalonji powder, a teaspoon of aloe vera gel and a teaspoon of skimmed milk. Mix all and apply on to face. Wash off when it dries.
- Basic mask: Mix a teaspoon of kalonji powder and a teaspoon of milk. Apply on to face and wash off after 15 minutes Evens skin tone and removes impurities.
- Brightening mask:Mix in one teaspoon of oats powder, kalonji powder,half a teaspoon of honey and almond oil. Mix in some milk cream. Apply on to face and wash off when it dries post a gentle massage.
- Detan mask: Mix in a spoon of kalonji powder. A teaspoon of rice flour and sesame oil. Add milk to adjust consistency. Apply on to face and wash off wen it dries. Heals sunburn and prevents tan.
- Glow juice and mask: Mix in half a teaspoon of kalonji oil to one glass of orange juice. Drink in empty stomach to flush out toxins.
- To remove tan this mixture can be applied on affected areas and washed off after 10 minutes.
This post is written as part of Blogchatter’s A2Z challenge.