A tree that is found in every nook and corner of the country and has abundance of benefits for health, skin and hair is the neem tree. Deemed as nature’s drugstore for the innumerable benefits of all its parts like leaves, bark and flowers. It is used in making medicines, cosmetics and a number of personal care products due to its antibacterial and anti fungal properties.
It is a natural blood purifier which helps in flushing out toxins from the body which naturally paves the way for glowing skin.
It can be incorporated in the form of oil,paste,powder and juice to gain the various benefits.
Neem is suited for all skin types and keeps your beauty game going strong.
The antibacterial properties of neem help in fighting against acne causing bacteria and also helps in getting rid of pimples.
Rich in antioxidants and vitamin E neem helps in fighting signs of aging like dark spots and wrinkles.
Fatty acids and the vitamin E help nourish the skin thereby making it a good moisturizer.
Helps in reducing dark spots and blemishes.
Helps in healing irritated skin because of anti-inflammatory properties.
Neem oil boosts collagen production so it helps in delaying fine lines.
- Boil some neem leaves and orange peels. Once the peels soften grind them and mix in a teaspoon of honey and lemon juice. Apply on to face and wash off in 15 minutes. This helps in treating acne.Mix in a teaspoon of neem powder to water to make a paste. Add a pinch of turmeric and apply on to face. Wash off in 15 minutes. This helps to tackle blackheads and whiteheads.
- Take 3 tablespoons of neem leaves crushed and grind with water. Add in two tablespoons of turmeric. Mix and apply on to face . Wash off after 15 minutes for even skin tone on regular usage. Can be used daily.
- Taking bath in neem infused water helps keep skin infections at bay.
Mix in 2-3 drops of neem oil to coconut oil. Massage the mixture on to face during nights to blur out the fine lines. Neem has rich omega fatty acid which helps in anti-aging.
- Chewing 3-4 neem leaves on empty stomach helps in purifying blood which also paves way for glowing skin.
Nutmeg is a spice that is known for its sweet aroma. It not only makes dishes exotic but also helps in giving you the skin of your dreams.
The spice from Indonesia not only elevates dishes with a small pinch, it paves way for perfect health and body because of its use in personal care products.
Nutmeg mainly helps in decreasing hyperpigmentation, calms irritated skin and helps in balancing oily skin.
Nutmeg is a strong antioxidant that helps fight against free radical damage and delays signs of aging.
Its antibacterial nature helps fight against acne causing bacteria.
- Mix in one tablespoon of honey, lemon juice, clove oil and baking soda each with a pinch of nutmeg. Apply on to face and wash off after 10 minutes using gentle circular motions. This is a perfect pack for skin exfoliation.
- Grind 2 nutmegs , 5 almonds and one tablespoon cumin to powder form. Add in a tablespoon of orange peel powder and two mashed camphor tablets and store in air tight container. To apply mix in a tablespoon of yogurt to a tablespoon of this powder.
- Grind equal parts of cinnamon and nutmeg. To this add equal parts of honey and lemon juice. Apply on acne spots overnight to remove the scars.
- Mix in a pinch of nutmeg to two tablespoons of coconut milk. Massage gently on face to reduce signs of aging and visibly radiant skin post washing after 10 minutes.
This post is written as part of Blogchatter’s A2Z challenge.