What is activated charcoal?
A form of carbon that has low volume pores but can increase surface area for adsorption.
Why is it used in Skincare?
As mentioned above it could magnify the amounts of absorption and there by bring out dirt and impurities from skin. So skin looks clear and dirt free. This is why, activated charcoal finds it’s place is a wide range of skincare and personal care items.
Benefits of activated charcoal for skin
Since activated charcoal can absorb out toxins from body, the masks can help remove dirt and impurities from skin.
Collection of sebum(facial oil) in skin pores can make them clog as a result of which you could see acne breakouts. Activated charcoal helps to bring out the excess oil from the pores and keeps them free.
Activated charcoal helps in removing dead skin cells by exfoliation and helps in absorbing excess oil present in skin, there by reducing oiliness in skin.
Doesn’t adsorb vitamins
Though activated charcoal helps in clearing out toxins from skin, it doesn’t adsorb the needed vitamins and nutrients. Therefore skin remains healthy in a natural way.
Doesn’t cause allergy
Due to the nature of being inert, activated charcoal doesn’t call any allergies and most importantly it suits sensitive skin.
About the brand Supersmelly
Founded by a Super mom, Dipali Mathur Dayal and her friend Milan Sharma. Dipali Washington shocked to see the labels when she went to pick a deodorant for her tween. The ingredients listed made her think that this is not what teens would want. They need products that are all natural , safe and effective to use and not some pesticide in attractive labels and catchy bottles.
The brand name absolutely makes your head turn and ask many questions. One answer that is all the more satisfactory to give you a go and make you pick it up , they’re India’s first brand of natural and toxin free personal care products for tweens and teens.
Bright and glow regime from Supersmelly
A combination of face wash and face pack formulated to give you the bright and glowing skin.
Charcoal and aloe Vera face wash
Contains activated charcoal, Asian ginseng and aloe Vera . Activated charcoal helps in flushing out the toxins and helps in deep cleansing the skin.
The consistency isn’t runny and is just pasty enough to be squeezed off using. Upon continuous usage , the results are visible with bright and glowing skin. The face wash also helps in removing excess oil, there reducing chances for breakouts to occur. Also helps in killing acne causing bacteria.
I also noticed that acne marks which I had previously have started to lighten on continuous usage.
The face wash is made of natural ingredients with no toxins and parabens. Most importantly no chemicals.which would cause skin irritation.
The face wash helps in exfoliation thereby removing dead skin cells.
Suited for all skin types, the face wash is a good option to be included in Skincare routine.
Helps in de-tanning and achieve even skin tone.
The facewash is suited for anyone above 7years of age.
Activated awesomeness is the name of the face wash and keeps up to it name by giving you a bright skin.
- Activated charcoal – Helps eliminate dirt and excess oil from skin.
- Aloe Vera – Helps combat harsh effects of pollution,UV rays and acne.
- Vitamin A C & E – Helps in boosting collagen production and healthy skin . Also helps against sun damage.
- Asian ginseng – Remove dead skin cell and promote elasticity.
Price: Rs. 379 for 100ml on Amazon and on their website.
How to use ?
- Wet face with water.
- Squeeze little amount on hand or to a sponge.
- Apply evenly, massage in circular motion.
- Wash with cold water and pat dry.
Natural go glow activated charcoal face pack
The face pack acts like a magnet. Yes, it pulls out all dirt and impurities from skin. Absolutely love how it removes effects of pollution and dust.
The face pack removes tan and gives bright glowing skin.
This is a cleanliness freak, because it helps wiping away dirt accumulation in the pores and helps in unclogging.
Helps in rejuvenation of skin, keeping it healthy.
- Activated charcoal- removes dirt and excess oil. Helps in exfoliation as well.
- Aloe Vera- Combats effects of pollution, UV rays. Provides moisturization.
- Cocoa powder – Helps in brightening skill. Also reversal of damage from sun and tanning.
- Bentonite clay or volcanic ash – prevents blackheads, helps unclog pores, flushes out toxins and skim regeneration.
- Kaolin mud – Helps in cleansing and absorption of impurities.
- Argan, olive, peach and apricot oil- helps in skin nourishment.
- Multani clay : Helps in maintaining even skin tone and brightness.
- Coffee seeds – Helps reduce puffiness and boost blood circulation.
- Green clay – Exfoliates skin and reduces inflammation.
- Dead sea salt – Helps in removing toxins, boost blood circulation and balance skin pH.
The mask doesn’t smell overly pungent, compared to the other charcoal mask that I have used previously. It’s light on the skin and easy to wash off.
Price : Rs. 599 for 70gms available on Amazon and on their website.
How to use?
- Apply the mask evenly on to skin with bare hands or with a brush.
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off with cold water by gently applying circular motion on skin.
The mask and the face wash are available together as a combo known as bright and glow regimen for Rs. 978. They can also be purchased individually.
Reasons why you should try Supersmelly
- Cruelty free as it’s not tested on animals.
- Vegan friendly certified
- Australian allergy certified
- Dermatologically tested as hypoallergenic.
- Made safe , nontoxic certified.
- Australian certified as allergen free.
They also have a wide range of other personal care products like deodorants, moisturisers, lipbalms and sanitizer.
The products are available individually or as combos.
Check out their website to know more about them and to purchased products.
I’m taking my blog to the next level with Blogchatter’s #MyFriendAlexa.
2 Replies to “Charcoal for skin? Why should you choose Supersmelly?”
Haha what a name. People are surely going to think twice before buying this. But I love that it doesn’t absorb the nutrients and there’s aloe Vera in it.
The cosmetic industry has become bigger with charcoal.. Ironic that it has been there in our households for ages.. We are only discovering its benefits now..