Toddlers are little humans who are just getting to know the world around them. Food, people, surroundings are what they start exploring with.
Looking around people analysing their behaviour from what they talk , do and eat always fascinates them. They try imitating and feel happy doing it.
Have you eve noticed the toddler demanding to eat like an adult. Yes they feel kind of accomplished or superior if their demand is fulfilled .
Quite often us adults are in a way responsible for the way they eat and also reject foods. Since I already told you they love to imitate this is not only in normal behaviour but also seen when choosing what to eat.
Junk foods , ready to eat, fried foods, food containing maida gain more popularity through media and their peers. Kids also demand getting these at home.
I will not say that we should right away reject or deny. See of you are able to give in to them, but as a healthy option that you are able to offer.
Here are two recipes that never go wrong and I tell you that your toddlers would want you making this on demand frequently.
UPMA CHEESE BALLS
Upma is most often a less looked upon option for tiffen especially by the spouses and the kids. With this recipe below I’m sure that they will trouble you to make upma here on.
- Upma – 1/2 cup (100gm)
- Besan / chickpea flour- needed to coat the balls. Say a 100gm
- Cheese cubes -2
- Salt- as needed
- Oil for frying
You could alternatively do an air fry as well.
- Make upma into balls but adding little ghee so that it’s easier to mould them as balls. I generally use semolina upma. You could also alternatively try with poha/vermicelli upma.
- Cut cheese cubes into bite sized pieces and place inside the upma balls.
- Make a batter of besan,salt and water . You could add pepper if you need spice. I’ve not because the upma already has enough spice. Make sure the batter is of dripping consistency.
- Heat oil in a wok. Add the besan coated balls and fry until golden brown.
- They could be had with tomato ketchup, mayonnaise or even hung curd.
You could also air fry them, as I had mentioned above. In that case you could coat them with bread crumbs post the besan batter coating. Leave for a while and then fry.
Kids often get tempted seeing the variety of pizzas shown on TV. More or less during dine in I’ve seen more of wastage when parents order pizza as per the kids choice. You could try the below method at home to make bun sized pizza. It’s satisfactory to the kid and also easy on your pockets. Most importantly it’s home cooked so you needn’t worry about hygiene.
- Bun – 2
- Cheese slices -2
- Cheese cube -2
- Mix veggies – onion tomato capsicum and baby corn
- Pizza spice – 2 tbsp
- Tomayo ketchup -2 tbsp
- Oil as per need
- Butter for toasting
- Salt and pepper- as per taste
- Add oil in a pan, saute all the veggies together . Season with salt and pepper. They only need to be half cooked.
- Add butter to the same pan and toast the outer brown side of the bun.
- Once toasted, apply tomato ketchup to the inner side.
- Place the cheese slice on top of the ketchup layer.
- Now arrange the veggies on top.
- Sprinkle pizza spice or individually sprinkle chilli flakes and oregano.
- Close with lid and cook until cheese melts.
- I bet you will never look to place an order for pizza.
- You could also play with toppings as you like it.
Do try these recipes and let me know in comments. This is my first recipe post. I’d be happy to take feedback.
I’m taking my blog to the next level with Blogchatter’s #MyFriendAlexa.
21 Replies to “Irresistibly lipsmacking recipes for toddlers #myfriendalexa”
As a mom of toddler I always look out for new recipes ..thanks for sharing these
I am going to try out this bun pizza for my son. He would love this.
Some good recipes for parents out there who are always on the lookout for new recipes for their kids.
Wow! These look so tempting and healthy. I am sure my kids would like these. Thanks for sharing your recipes.
I liked the bun pizza recipe, looks delicious and tempting. Will try is out for my kid.
Looks delicious, kids throw a lot of tantrums in eating so maybe this can please them by looks
These are some delicious recipes and my older kid will also love them.
Wow…these are some amazing lip smacking recipes. I will surely try for my munchkins
This recipes are amazing. Will try them.
This recipe sounds so simple yet amazing. Will definitely try it soon.
Wow, these are quite cool and easy recipes, i like the idea of bun pizza, shall try to my kiddos.
Upma cheese balls look quite a tempting food to be given to my boy and I hope he will eat with equal excitement.
I am craving a bun pizza now! Sounds so simple to make 🙂
oh these look just yum! i am going to try these out for myself too 🙂
Both the cheese balls and bun pizza are looking delicious. Going to try soon!
Those are some amazing recipes worth trying especially bun pizza. Quick and appetizing
The bun pizza definitely looks worth a try from my side.
It’s so simple and easy to assemble and make.
Will be doing this soon! Thanks a lot.
Never thought that the humble upma could have variations with cheese. And thyr bun pizza is such a brilliant idea.
Not just toddlers I would also love to make and try out these recipes. They look delicious.
Though my son is no longer a toddler I still look for new & interesting recipes for him as he’s a foodie just like me. Thanks for these lip-smacking recipes, will try them out.
Wow Sindhu! Upma cheese balls sounds so interesting. I am sure kids are going to love it. The bun pizza looks delicious too