Children these days are not only required to be academically proficient but also would need an all round development.
This Christmas vacation give them a gift of grasping life skills, they will thank you forever. The British Council in Chennai, has come up with Holiday camp for children aged 7-14 years.
The short term courses are designed to equip them with 21st century life skills which focus on overall personality development through hands on English learning.
People who regularly visit the British Council, would know about the safe and children friendly place, they have to offer that any kid would be ready to become a bibliophile.
These courses are spread over a duration of 4 days from 27- 30 December. Each day comprising a 2 hour learning and half an hour of activity supporting the same.
A specialised curriculum that is designed to increase retention and learner output through Interactive modules that are personalized is definitely something useful that each and every child needs to learn.
What would the child learn ??
✔️ Gain confidence in English
✔️ Enable and enhance their creative thinking through fun activities
✔️ Critical and problem solving skill enhancement
✔️ Cultivate a love for collaborative learning
The course is structured at 5000/- for non-members and at a 15% discounted amount of 4250/- for the members.
Janaka Pushpanathan, the head of South council briefed us about the camp and also about British council Chennai. The session was interactive, engaging and I found that she was open for including newer suggestions during discussion that could be added to the programs they currently offer.
The library tour later by their staff Mr. Vallavan was great , which showed us the different sections the campus offered to different age groups.
A cultural hub that now has something for everyone not only offers books but also conducts learning events.
Other initiatives for young learners
- Reading challenge – This year the theme was space for kids to choose books and read from.
- Courses like summer programme, primary plus were conducted in partnership with aardman animation.
- Many events for primary and secondary schools planned in future.
Initiatives in the library
- Art of storytelling – Nuances of powerful storytelling being taught through workshops by UK storytellers.
- Talks, workshop, poetry – for different age groups.
- An upcoming fair for those aspiring to study in UK.
If you are looking to get yourself a membership , the book lovers would find this place as a haven having access to
- Unlimited access to best selling authors book and award winning accomplishment.
- Booker prize collection of last 50 years
- Book clubs
- Access to 16000 comics and graphic novels
- 1800 plus audio books.