We have discussed fabrics, weaves, colors, and works; for X, let us discuss sizes. Be you a size XS or 3Xl or more, Indian women’s fashion trend is all game for everyone. With designers creating a multitude of pieces for plus size, we now have options that let you amp up the style quotient.
We have moved on from a period where we were told that there are no sizes beyond XL, to a period where we crossed that this store does not cater to the plus-size category. Gone are the days when it raised eyebrows when we mentioned an XXL. We have now come to the period where we find plus size clothes as comfort wear. Who does not love an oversized shirt to crash at home?
Social media has played a major role in letting people know that body positivity awareness must spread. People should not feel shy about how they look and in fact be bold to dress up and show up. Body-positive, plus-size influencers on Instagram had a major role in bringing in the shift among the masses. Be it their styling ideas, sourcing of garments, or even the way they carry themselves gave people the confidence to be proud of what they are.
Gone are the times, people sit at home thinking that they do not have anything to wear or have run out of options. The fashion industry has opened doors to a new segment of plus-size fashion that not only caters to women in plus-size but also to wear who wanted to dress comfortably.
Women began to love themselves for who they are. They are now confident in their own skin and do not worry about the eXtra in their sizes.
As a bonus note, here are a few tips if you are plus-size.
- Opt in for light fabrics like chiffon, georgette, or satin. Be it the blouse or lehenga. Heavier fabrics can make it go wrong.
- Vertical and diagonal stripes work great and do not settle for horizontal or broad borders.
- And as for the blouse neckline go for a deep V-neck or plunge neckline.
- Three-fourth or full sleeves will work great and give you the right fit.
- Corset pattern for lehenga and saree is a trend that helps hide the belly and helps in shaping you up.
- Go for free-flow pallu and do not pin it up and as for the pleats on the front, go for minimal ones.
- Dark color gown with a sweetheart or deep V-neck works perfectly well for plus-sized bodies.
- Choosing the right kind of clothing with make you look eXtra special even if you are on the eXtra large or plus-size segment.
This post is part of #blogchatterA2Z 2023.