What is a facial massage?
A facial massage is a technique, that can be done manually by hands or with helps of facial roller available in the market. The technique involves gently massaging the facial skin.
Why facial massage?
A facial massage helps in increasing blood circulation, destressing and decreasing puffiness. The result of which is a smooth glowing healthy skin.
Typically the face has over 40 muscles, so a massage is great for resolving sinus issues , decreased puffiness with lymphatic drainage. The excess fluid us diverted to the lymph nodes later flushed with the toxins out of the body.
Manual facial massage
Manual facial massage involves applying slightest pressure while massaging the facial muscles with hands. It’s one of the most simplest way to having a healthy skin.
How to do facial massage with hands?
- Make sure you wash your face and your hands are clean.
- Take a little amount of cream or serum you use in your palms.
- Apply gentle pressure to massage face.
- Massage lymph areas under the ears and side of neck.
- Smooth the lines on forehead.
- Use fingers to massage eye area and slide along temples.
- Use only light strokes.
Directions to use in facial massage
- Chin to lip.
- Nose, nostrils and lips to cheekbones horizontally. To be precise along the smile lines.
- Massage neck from bottom to chin vertically.
- Eyebrows to forehead.
Massaging with facial roller
A small roller pin like tool with rollers of different sizes on both ends. It’s used in facial massage and can be made out of gem stones.
Typically these rollers are used to distribute the facial care products over the face evenly. Also guarantees a deeper absorption into the skin.
Facts about rollers
- Facial rollers cannot slim the face. Removing puffiness can temporarily make it appear slim.
- Facial rollers can contour your face when using them up at an angle. Pushing the movement by down the ear.
- They help flushing out the toxins, by stimulating lymphatic drainage. This achieved massaging in a particular direction.
- Since it helps in destressing, it helps you in changing your mood.
- Most importantly helps in deeper absorption of skincare products.
How to Massage using facial roller?
- Generously apply serum or moisturizer. Lubrication is key else the roller might tag skin. This could even result in wrinkles.
- Roll up from the neck. No back and forth movement.
- From the jawline to ear. Apply gentle pressure on both sides.
- Forehead to the temples. This should be done only in upward direction.
- Horizontal over the eyebrows. Use it flatly.
How often and how long?
A facial roller can be used daily typically for a few minutes to get destressing benefits.
Types of facial roller
- Rose quartz
- Teak wood
Jade and rose quartz are most commonly used rollers. Jade and metal are cold natured materials. So in order to have a cooling effect they needn’t be stored in refrigerator.
Rose quartz can withhold temperature, so for cold massage you can store the roller in refrigerator.
Jade is soft in terms of fragility with respect to quartz, hence quartz can last longer without breaking if accidentally dropped down.
Jade isn’t smooth in terms of stone texture, which helps in contouring due to the natural friction present.
Of all the rollers mentioned above , amethyst is said to give the skin purifying effects and also effective in treating acne.
On a concluding note, a facial roller is a good investment for healthy looking skin.
I’m taking my blog to the next level with Blogchatter’s #MyFriendAlexa.