Essential oils are great to use for skincare. But you need to know how to use them. They cannot be used directly but can be used in combination with carrier oils. Right from curing ailments , relaxing your mind to healing skin issues essential oils have varied benefits.
Now lets see how we could used jojoba oil and its benefits for skin.
Jojoba oil was long ago used by native Americans for its cosmetic and healing properties. They ground the seed with pestle to use the buttery residue that has many benefits.
Jojoba oil is a humectant. It helps to seal moisture and also act as a barrier preventing bacterial infection and acne.
Jojoba oil is rich in antioxidants and contains vitamin E. The antioxidants help protect against pollution effects on skin. Since antioxidants also help in collagen production it helps skin look younger and firm.
Jojoba oil is said to be noncomedogenic. Its similar to sebum secretion in skin.When applied on skin, it helps in less building up of sebum and thereby does not clog pores which eventually is the primary reason for acne or breakouts. This is because when applied the body is signaled that there is similar substance already present and does not need anything in addition to be secreted.
Jojoba oil is a hypoallergenic and does not cause an allergy when used on skin. It is easily absorbed because of its waxy texture.
Jojoba oil is a good ingredient to be used as cleanser. Soaps or face wash could be avoided and the oil can be used to remove dirt and impurities. Its an excellent makeup remover and makes it easier to remove it with ease.
Jojoba oil is a common ingredient in many sunscreen due to its healing abilities. It helps heal sunburns.
Jojoba oil helps in healing because of its anti inflammatory properties. Skin issues like dry skin, eczema, psoriasis ,acne and scarring can be healed. Topical application over skin can help in relieving itching, dryness and flaking.
Because of its oily consistency and texture it is suitable for treating dry and chapped lips.
- Jojoba oil can be mixed with peppermint oil to ease pain.
- Jojoba oil can be mixed with eucalyptus oil for stress relief.
- Jojoba oil can be used to massage dry lips. This can be followed by using your regular lip balm. Visible difference on continuous usage.
- Massage jojoba oil on skin around nails to moisturize the cuticles and to prevent infections in nails.
- On prolonged usage it helps in lash growth.
LIP SCRUB: Mix 1 tablespoon sugar, 2 tablespoon jojoba oil, few drops of peppermint oil, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 1/2 teaspoon of honey to make your own lip scrub. Store in an airtight glass jar.
FACE MASK: Blend 1/2 cup oats to powder, mix in 1.5 tablespoons of coconut oil, honey and greek yogurt to it. Mix in few drops of jojoba oil and vitamin E oil. Oats helps in exfoliation and jojoba oil helps in moisturizing.
BODY SCRUB: Mix 1/2 cup brown sugar with one teaspoon each of jojoba and sweet almond oil. Mix in one tablespoon of honey and two tablespoons of lemon juice for your very own body scrub.
Juices are perfect to be taken in for glowing skin. After all a healthy body shows in the glowing skin. So your skin condition also depends on what you consume in.
Let me list down some juices that also guarantee glowing skin.
- Beetroot juice: Beetroot is best to cure blemishes and dark spots. It also helps in purifying blood. Best time to consume would be in between meals.
- Carrot juice:Helps ward off sun damage, acne and pigmentation. It also helps even out skin tone. Best time to consume would be early morning.
- Tomato juice: Rich in antioxidants helps achieve younger looking skin. Also helps reduce dis-colouration and large pores. Best time to consume would be early morning.
- Spinach juice: Helps lightening the tone and enhancing complexion. Best to be consumed as a meal replacement.
- Orange juice: Prevents skin from getting dry and flaked. Boosts collagen and reduce premature ageing. Best time to consume is early morning or before meals.
- Lemon juice: Cleanse the body and flush out toxins. Best time to consume is early morning with honey.
- Aloe vera juice: Helps in skin healing and maintain natural glow. Best time to consume is early morning before meal.
- Gooseberry or amla juice: Boost collagen production and delays ageing thereby reducing wrinkles , fine lines and dark spots. Best time to consume would be early morning or before meals.
- Cucumber juice: Helps keep skin nourished and hydrated. Also helps in flushing out toxins. Best time to consume would be early morning in empty stomach.
- Sweet lime juice: Helps purify blood and heals dry skin. Best time to be consumed is early in the morning.
- Pomegranate juice: Slows down ageing, purifies blood, keeps skin hydrated and renews skin cells. Best time to consume is early in the morning.
- Apple juice: Helps keep skin firm by boosting collagen and has antioxidants which delay signs of ageing. Best time to consume is early morning in empty stomach
This post is written as part of Blogchatter’s A2Z challenge.